Project Zip File: simple-jquery-form-builder.zip
The demo has some php example save/load pages that the ajax uses for database simulation, but PHP is not required. You can use whatever server side language you want for database interaction.
Simple jQuery Form Builder Features:
- jQuery for just about everything.
- AJAX form load, saving, generating, and submitting
- Drag/drop sortable ordering for all form fields:
- Agree (a single “I agree to x terms” checkbox that must be checked in order to submit the form)
- Drag/drop sortable ordering for individual field choices (select options, radio button, check boxes)
- “Required” field option for text, textarea, select, radio fields.
- “Selected” choice option for select, radio, and checkboxes
- No explicitly declared ordering system. Order of fields/choices is determined by the order of the elements in the DOM (when saving) and json (when loading).
- No separate models to maintain while building the form. json is compiled on save.
- json to HTML function with inline form field templates.
- Super easy to modify. Add new field types (like HTML 5’s “Email” or “Password”) in a few minutes.
- 3kb form builder / 3kb form generator (minified).
To do: add a submit handler example function to the demo zip file.